Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Midweek Prayer

I wish that I could tell you how awesome this week has been and that I had started at the school and things were going great. However, I have been sick the past three days and don't have much to write about that you would want to know. So I'll share a prayer I wrote instead.

Lord, I thank You for today,
even if it didn't go my way.
I thank You for my life,
I thank You for Your love,
I thank You for Your light
You shine down from above.
I cant stand up,
so I lay here as I pray,
Lord restore my health,
and take this pain away.
Tomorrow's another day,
let me do what You want me to do,
cuz this was never about me,
Lord, it was always about you.

Lord, help my body heal,
and take away this frown,
Lord, help me eat a meal,
and help me keep it down.
Lord, take the lead,
I lift my prayers to you,
I will just follow,
cuz you always know what to do.
I don't know tomorrow,
what my body's gonna do,
but I do know,
I'll still be praising You.
Amen.
If you would, please pray for my health and that I would get over this sickness quickly and begin to reenergize and get back out into things. I'm so anxious to start working at the school, and start doing things again. Thank you so much for all your prayer and support, and I hope next time I can post something a lot more exciting for you.
Lesson's Learned
God has a plan even if I don't understand it.
Be patient and wait to do things in God's time rather than trying to do things in my time.
Montezuma's not a big fan of me, and I'm not a big fan of him either.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you've been sick, Andy! I'll be praying for you. That is an awesome prayer you wrote, though. Everything happens for a reason, so maybe the reason for you not feeling well was so you had a chance to spend some time writing this prayer and sharing it with others. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete